Healthy Beginnings referrals cannot be made through this website. Please call 561-383-9880 to make a referral.
HomeSafe understands that time is of the essence when it comes to your residential placement needs.
To help streamline the process and ensure timely and high-quality service, HomeSafe has a dedicated email address (Referrals@helphomesafe.org) for referrals to our Residential Group Care programs – Specialized Therapeutic Group Care (STGC) and Enhanced Behavioral Overlay Services (BHOS).
Our Referral Coordinator will work closely with you to expedite the process, all while ensuring full attention is given to the individualized needs of each youth.
Step 1 – Contact Us
• Call 561-383-9824
• Email Referrals@helphomesafe.org
• Or Online by Filling in the Below Information:
Our Referral Coordinator will review within 24-48 hours. You will then be contacted to discuss the referral and for any additional information that may be needed to determine appropriate placement.
Step 2 – Provide Necessary Documents
Additional documentation that may be requested to complete the referral
- Recent suitability assessment or CSST staffing that recommends STGC level of care
- Current Psychiatric Evaluation and/or Assessment (youth must meet clinical criteria for placement, including having a primary DSM-5 Axis I diagnosis)
- Comprehensive Behavioral Health Assessment (CBHA) or Bio-psychosocial history
- Current Treatment summary/discharge paperwork
- Psychological Testing with IQ Score
- Proof of eligible insurance coverage
Step 3 – Admission
Once acceptance notification is provided, you will work collaboratively with HomeSafe staff to ensure all required documents are submitted. An admission date will be confirmed upon all documents being properly processed.
The legal guardian will need to sign admission documents at the time of admission. The youth will need to bring two weeks of clothing and all medications (At least 2 days of medication must be brought with youth at admission. All prescriptions must be faxed to United Pharmacy 561-616-9087).
*Linens and hygiene items are supplied by the program.
Unfortunately, HomeSafe is unable to admit youth with any of the following:
- Developmental or cognitive delays (IQ must be above 70)
- Complex medical conditions requiring care beyond routine appointments
- Pregnancy or has a child of their own
- Youth unable to share a room (all programs have 2 children per bedroom)